Saturday, June 9, 2012

Getting Ready!

Saturday, 6/9/12.

I feel so incredibly blessed and thankful to all those who have supported me (monetarily and through prayer) for my trip to Ecuador! I raised over 2500 dollars, which will go towards the development of a children's program at a church in Ambato, Ecuador where I will be working; it's an unbelievable blessing, and I'm so excited about starting my journey on Monday! At this point, I've packed all of my belongings and am practically ready to go. I admit I'm a little nervous: I'm fairly accustomed to traveling alone, but I've never ventured to a place where I would not have at least a few other Americans by my side. My Spanish is definitely going to be put to the test, but I'm actually looking forward to experiencing the culture just as the Ecuadorians do. I know I'm extremely blessed to have the opportunity to observe (and take part in!) the day-to-day life experiences of the people there...I know it will be quite different, but it's going to be really cool, too. I would still, of course, greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers: for safety, certainly, but mostly that the Lord will not just use me, but also open my eyes and teach me more about His gracious heart and majesty. It will be a challenging journey, but He's taught me to view every aspect of this journey with a heart of gratefulness. Thank you all again for your loving support, and I will let you all know when I get there Monday night!

Love always,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment